ambari-user mailing list archives

From Yusaku Sako <yus...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Apache Ambari use Horton Repo only?
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2014 04:37:39 GMT
Hi Asif,

Thanks for your interest in Apache Ambari and your question regarding
distributions that can be used via Ambari.
Apache Ambari is intended and designed to be distribution-agnostic.
If you look closely at the source, it has a place to hold stack
definitions under ambari-server/src/main/resources/stacks.
There, you will see the definition for HDP (and HDP only), as HDP is
the only distribution that has received contributions so far.
However, there is no reason it should stay this way.  There's nothing
forbidding other distributions to be provisioned/managed by Ambari.

Please take a look at the "Stacks and Services" wiki [1] as a starting
point to learn about this extensibility.
It would be great to see distributions other than HDP to work with Ambari.

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/Stacks+and+Services

Yusaku

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE