ambari-user mailing list archives

From Yusaku Sako <yus...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: install by user not root privilege
Date Sat, 29 Mar 2014 00:21:19 GMT
No, you cannot use local linux account for provisioning if they are not "root".

Currently, ambari-server needs to run as a non-root user, but
ambari-agent has to run as root.  This is because it needs root
privileges to perform software installs via yum/zypper, directory
creation, owner/permission modifications, etc.
However, there's a JIRA open to allow non-root, sudo users to run the agents [1]

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-1596

Yusaku

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE