ambari-user mailing list archives

From Ramya Manjunath <tdc.ra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HDP 2.1.1 API install with Ambari 1.5 fails to start YARN
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2014 20:58:11 GMT
Thanks for the info, Jeff! I would like to try it out.

But for now, I was wondering if it is required to change the permissions of
the directory to start YARN with an API based install.

On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 1:36 PM, Jeff Sposetti <jeff@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> Ramya, if you are up for it, want to try installing with the Blueprints
> API? Simplifies install vs. using the multiple Install API calls...
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/Blueprints
>

> On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 4:35 PM, Ramya Manjunath <tdc.ramya@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> The script modifies many configuration parameters and some are specific
>> to our environment.
>>
>> I basically started with
>> https://github.com/apache/ambari/blob/trunk/ambari-server/src/test/resources/deploy_HDP2.shand
added the new services and modified the configs.

>> Thanks,
>> Ramya
>>

>> On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 1:22 PM, Richard Clapp <raclapp@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>> can you put in your script if not too long.  Perhaps there is something
>>> we can see.

>>> org.apache.hadoop.security.AccessControlException: Permission denied: