ambari-user mailing list archives

From Ramya Manjunath <tdc.ra...@gmail.com>
Subject HDP 2.1.1 API install with Ambari 1.5 fails to start YARN
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2014 20:18:33 GMT
I am installing HDP 2.1.1 with Ambari 1.5.0 with only calls to the API. In
my script, I set the configs, add the services, hosts and components with
the API. I also install HDP and persist the cluster in the same script. I
start the services using the GUI.

I am able to install all the services but YARN fails to start with this
error:
org.apache.hadoop.security.AccessControlException: Permission denied:
user=yarn, access=WRITE, inode="/":hdfs:hdfs:drwxr-xr-x

I am able to start it after I modify the permissions as hdfs user using the
command hadoop fs -chmod 777 /,

However, I do not see this issue if we install and start the services using
the GUI. Is there any API call that I am missing that would handle this?

Thanks,
Ramya