ambari-user mailing list archives

From Siddharth Wagle <swa...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: role dependency question
Date Sat, 29 Mar 2014 17:14:55 GMT
We use Role Command order to figure out what can be run in parallel within
a stage and what cannot.

However, we do Install and Start as separate stages, the Start / Stop API
calls are designed to do State transitions which effectively mean create
Start stage after and Install stage is successful.

So, looking at the RoleCommandOrder.java, there does not seem to be
anything stopping you from adding that dependency, I might be wrong with a
cursory look, but still that would not help with achieving what you are
trying to do since those tasks will be part of separate Stages.

Could you open a Jira for this with some use case documentation? The use
case would really help with the discussion flow.

Best Regards,
Sid

On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 3:10 PM, Yusaku Sako <yusaku@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> AFAIK, we currently don't have a way to express "A must be running
> before installing B".
> Perhaps others can chime in.
> BTW, which specific components do you have in mind?
>
> Yusaku
>
> On Mon, Mar 24, 2014 at 5:17 PM, Aaron Cody <acody@hexiscyber.com> wrote:
> > I have two components, A and B
> > B requires A to be running while it installs...
> > Q: is there a way to express this in the role-dependencies?   (I know
> how to
> > say 'A must run before B can run' .. or 'A must be installed before B is
> > installed', but how about 'A must be running before installing B')
> >
> > TIA
> >

> --
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE