ambari-user mailing list archives

From Sumit Mohanty <smoha...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: changing conf using API > is it persisted
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2014 16:49:14 GMT
There is no automatic updates. The set call using configs.sh will persist
the change. Persisting of a config means adding a new version of the config
and applying it to the cluster resource.

Where did you see it reverted?

Go to the cluster resource - e.g.
http://c6402.ambari.apache.org:8080/api/v1/clusters/c1 and check the
applied version of the hdfs-site (see desired_configs field).
Then look at the config with the same version - e.g.
http://c6402.ambari.apache.org:8080/api/v1/clusters/c1/configurations?type=hdfs-site&tag=version1
Does it have your change? If not you can look at other versions of
hdfs-site config type and use that to figure out what may have a happened.

As far as the leprechaun is concerned, it will be REST aware to do this
change. So let us know.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE