ambari-user mailing list archives

From Sumit Mohanty <smoha...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Provisioning 2 clusters which sharing the same HDFS
Date Sat, 22 Mar 2014 14:56:12 GMT
This should be possible through API (I have not tried it myself).

Here is what you are trying:
* Define a cluster with no HDFS (say just YARN and ZK)
* Add necessary configs for YARN and ZK
* Add/modify core-site and hdfs-site to have the correct property values to
point to the other cluster
* Start all services
You can do all the above with APIs.

A way to achieve it with as much help as possible from the Web FE:
* Create a cluster with HDFS, YARN, ZK (possibly Ganglia and Nagios if you
need them)
* After everything is setup and started correctly - stop all services
* Delete HDFS using APIs
* Modify hdfs-site and core-site to point to the other cluster (use
configs.sh)
* Start all services
* Afterwards, you can clean up the left over HDFS files/folders on this
cluster.

*The above strategy is theoretically possible but I have not tried it*. So
do try it on a test cluster first. The Apache Ambari WIKI has pages talking
about sample API calls.

Feel free to write up a summary if you go the above route and we can add it
to the wiki.

-Sumit

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE