ambari-user mailing list archives

From Aaron Cody <ac...@hexiscyber.com>
Subject Re: REST api question
Date Thu, 27 Feb 2014 00:57:32 GMT
thanks Sid - that worked

From:  Siddharth Wagle <swagle@hortonworks.com>
Date:  Wed, 26 Feb 2014 16:48:04 -0800
To:  <user@ambari.apache.org>
Subject:  Re: REST api question

Hi Aaron,

You should be able to do this by changing state of a Service component.

Sample API call:

curl -H "X-Requested-By:ambari" -u admin:admin -i -X PUT -d
'{"RequestInfo":{"context":"Stop all datanodes"},"ServiceComponentInfo":
{"state": "INSTALLED"}}'
http://localhost:8080/api/v1/clusters/c1/services/HDFS/components/DATANODE

-Sid