ambari-user mailing list archives

From Aaron Cody <ac...@hexiscyber.com>
Subject Re: REST api question
Date Thu, 27 Feb 2014 00:44:34 GMT
but that¹s to stop the component on a specific hostŠ I want to stop all of
them throughout the clusterŠ.

From:  Sumit Mohanty <smohanty@hortonworks.com>
Date:  Wed, 26 Feb 2014 16:40:39 -0800
To:  "user@ambari.apache.org" <user@ambari.apache.org>
Subject:  Re: REST api question

You need to use this API to stop the component. The reason its different is
that stop of the host component is a processed on the host component
resource.

curl -u admin:admin -X PUT -d '{"RequestInfo":{"context":"Stop
Component"},"Body":{"HostRoles":{"state":"INSTALLED"}}}'
http://AMBARI_SERVER_HOST:8080/api/v1/clusters/c1/hosts/HOSTNAME/host_compon
ents/COMPONENT_NAME

You can use the wiki to get sample API calls -
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/API+usage+scenarios%2C+tr
oubleshooting%2C+and+other+FAQs

On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 4:30 PM, Aaron Cody <acody@hexiscyber.com> wrote:
> we can stop an entire service like so:
>
> curl --user admin:admin -i -X PUT -d '{"ServiceInfo":{"state":"INSTALLED"}}'
> http://ambari-master.foo.com:8080/api/v1/clusters/c1/services/HDFS
>
> but how can I stop all instances of a running component? I had hoped with
> something like :
>
> curl --user admin:admin -i -X PUT -d '{"ServiceInfo":{"state":"INSTALLED"}}'
> http://ambari-master.foo.com:8080/api/v1/clusters/c1/services/HDFS/components/
> DATANODE
>
> but this throws an invalid property exception
>
> is my URL wrong or are we not allowed to do this sort of thing?

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
privileged and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of
this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
printing, copying, dissemination, distribution, disclosure or forwarding of
communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete it
from your system. Thank You.