ambari-user mailing list archives

From Aaron Cody <ac...@hexiscyber.com>
Subject Re: UPGRADE
Date Tue, 25 Feb 2014 19:41:18 GMT
ok thanks Sumit - is this a feature you plan to finish or is it now
abandoned for the Œmanual' method?

From:  Sumit Mohanty <smohanty@hortonworks.com>
Date:  Tue, 25 Feb 2014 11:26:41 -0800
To:  <user@ambari.apache.org>
Subject:  Re: UPGRADE

Hi Aaron,

Ambari does not support automatic upgrade of the stack yet. What you see are
remnants of the feature that we started working on but it is not complete.

Upgrade, for now, is manual and there are documented steps on how to do it.

-Sumit

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 11:14 AM, Aaron Cody <acody@hexiscyber.com> wrote:
> Hello
> I¹m trying to figure out how upgrade works in Ambari Š I see there is an
> UPGRADE role and various upgrade states in the state machine, but so far I
> haven¹t spotted any information as to how it is supposed to work .. (i¹m using
> 1.2.4) .. is it a work in progress?
> - how do you upgrade from the GUI?
> - how do you upgrade from the REST api?
>
> thanks

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
privileged and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of
this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
printing, copying, dissemination, distribution, disclosure or forwarding of
communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete it
from your system. Thank You.