ambari-user mailing list archives

From JOAQUIN GUANTER GONZALBEZ <x...@tid.es>
Subject Re: Client-only service differences between 1.4.1 and 1.4.3
Date Thu, 20 Feb 2014 15:00:12 GMT
Thanks for the quick reply! I have opened https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-4760
to track this issue.

Ximo.

De: Sumit Mohanty <smohanty@hortonworks.com<mailto:smohanty@hortonworks.com>>
Responder a: "user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>" <user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>>
Fecha: jueves, 20 de febrero de 2014 15:47
Para: "user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>" <user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>>
Asunto: Re: Client-only service differences between 1.4.1 and 1.4.3

The state of the service is now calculated based on the actual states of the master host components
that belong to the service. E.g. if a master component (NAMENODE for HDFS) is INSTALLED then
the state of the service will be INSTALLED.

What is happening in the case of client only services is that the code is picking up the default
value which happens to be STARTED. This could instead be computed based on the state of all
non-master components - e.g. if all are INSTALLED then the service state is INSTALLED. Pls.
open a JIRA and we can discuss it over there.

I would recommend, as part of the above JIRA, we add some unit tests covering client only
services and state of the service wrt. the state of the client.

-Sumit

On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 6:05 AM, JOAQUIN GUANTER GONZALBEZ <ximo@tid.es<mailto:ximo@tid.es>>