ambari-user mailing list archives

From Anisha Agarwal <aagar...@hexiscyber.com>
Subject Re: Option to not install a master component
Date Fri, 07 Feb 2014 23:30:49 GMT
No, I am using the UI installer.

- Anisha

From: Sumit Mohanty <smohanty@hortonworks.com<mailto:smohanty@hortonworks.com>>
Date: Friday, February 7, 2014 at 2:13 PM
To: "user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>" <user@ambari.apache.org<mailto:user@ambari.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Option to not install a master component

Are you using APIs to install services? If so you can install only specific components.

-Sumit

On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 1:01 PM, Anisha Agarwal <aagarwal@hexiscyber.com<mailto:aagarwal@hexiscyber.com>>
wrote:
Hi,

We have a custom service, containing multiple components which we add to the ambari cluster.
I wanted to have the option of not being able to install a master component. This could also
mean

  1.  Adding a “None” option to the available hostnames during install time.
  2.  Being able to select which components from a service we want to install.

Can anyone please give me a few pointers on how to achieve this?

Thanks,
Anisha

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE