ambari-user mailing list archives

From Jaimin Jetly <jai...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Overriding values in component configuration using the Ambari UI
Date Tue, 18 Feb 2014 19:13:59 GMT
Hi Chris,

Normally, The content in the UI "Capacity Scheduler" text area Which should
be list of key=value pairs delimited by newline is reflected in the
/etc/hadoop/conf/capacity-scheduler.xml file. Both of these are always in
sync.

If you are seeing something similar to below inline image, then Clicking on
undo link will again populate the text area with last saved value:

[image: Inline image 1]

Otherwise the default value as suggested by Ambari for this field is :

yarn.scheduler.capacity.maximum-am-resource-percent=0.2
yarn.scheduler.capacity.maximum-applications=10000
yarn.scheduler.capacity.node-locality-delay=40
yarn.scheduler.capacity.root.acl_administer_queues=*
yarn.scheduler.capacity.root.capacity=100
yarn.scheduler.capacity.root.default.acl_administer_jobs=*
yarn.scheduler.capacity.root.default.acl_submit_jobs=*
yarn.scheduler.capacity.root.default.capacity=100
yarn.scheduler.capacity.root.default.maximum-capacity=100
yarn.scheduler.capacity.root.default.state=RUNNING
yarn.scheduler.capacity.root.default.user-limit-factor=1
yarn.scheduler.capacity.root.queues=default
yarn.scheduler.capacity.root.unfunded.capacity=50

Hope this helps.

On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 10:38 AM, Chris Mildebrandt
<chris@woodenrhino.com>wrote:

> Hi Jaimin,
>
> The graphic didn't come through, but I understand what you're explaining.
> We do have a missing value for the "Capacity Scheduler". How should this be
> normally filled? We have the standard untouched
> /etc/hadoop/conf/capacity-scheduler.xml file on our machines. Should the
> contents of this file normally show up in the UI? Should I copy the
> contents of the file into this text area?
>
> Thanks,
> -Chris
>

> On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 10:28 AM, Jaimin Jetly <jaimin@hortonworks.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi Chris,
>>
>> In context to your first email regarding Ambari UI issue,
>> Ambari web-ui disables the save button whenever there is a validation
>> error for any property on a service config page. In that case you should
>> also see the invalidated property highlighted with red color as shown below
>> in the image. Please expand all the categories and check if any property is
>> invalidated.
>>

>> [image: Inline image 1]
>>
>> If Ambari UI is disabling the button with no validation error of any
>> property on the page then it's a bug and We will need more information to
>> debug the cause. To start with a screenshot of the yarn config page and
>> javascript console output in case if any JS  error is logged in the console
>> will be helpful.
>>
>> In regards to your second email,
>> The API call that you mentioned should work and it's the correct way to
>> change configs at the cluster level. In addition to directly using API for
>> configuration changes, you can also use the shell script located at
>> /var/lib/ambari-server/resources/scripts/configs.sh path on ambari-server
>> host to add/override/delete a single property. The shell script in itself
>> uses the RESTful API in it's implementation but it's really useful while
>> overriding a single config property.
>>

>> On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 10:09 AM, Chris Mildebrandt <
>> chris@woodenrhino.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Sid,
>>>
>>> I'm actually setting the desired config. Here's an example of the REST
>>> call:
>>>
>>> curl -i -H 'X-Requested-By: xxx' -X PUT -d '{"Clusters":
>>> {"desired_config": {"tag": "custom1", "type": "yarn-site", "properties":
>>> {"yarn.scheduler.minimum-allocation-mb" : "7168"}}}}' --user admin:admin
>>> http://xxx:8080/api/v1/clusters/cl1
>>>
>>> Now, of course, I'd have all my YARN variables in here not just one.
>>> This is just an example to focus on the technique I'm using to change the
>>> property. This is the property I'm interested in changing. After running
>>> the above command, I then restart the required components to re-read the
>>> config.
>>>
>>> Am I doing this incorrectly? Thanks,
>>> -Chris
>>>

>>> On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 9:38 AM, Siddharth Wagle <swagle@hortonworks.com