ambari-user mailing list archives

From Chris Mildebrandt <ch...@woodenrhino.com>
Subject Re: Overriding values in component configuration using the Ambari UI
Date Tue, 18 Feb 2014 19:21:10 GMT
Hi Jaimin,

I've never seen this field in any state other than empty. I'll populate it
with the key value pairs which match the current file on my system.

Is this due to the fact that I create the cluster entirely through the REST
APIs? I don't set a value for this using the REST APIs, so I'd assume it
would have just been populated with the capacity-scheduler.xml values. Is
this a bug that should be opened, or expected behavior?

Thanks for the format of this field and for the tip about the shell script
to change one property at a time. That helps a lot.

-Chris

On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 11:13 AM, Jaimin Jetly <jaimin@hortonworks.com>wrote:

> [...]
>
> If you are seeing something similar to below inline image, then Clicking
> on undo link will again populate the text area with last saved value:
>
> [image: Inline image 1]
>

> Otherwise the default value as suggested by Ambari for this field is :
>
> yarn.scheduler.capacity.maximum-am-resource-percent=0.2
> yarn.scheduler.capacity.maximum-applications=10000
> yarn.scheduler.capacity.node-locality-delay=40
> yarn.scheduler.capacity.root.acl_administer_queues=*
> yarn.scheduler.capacity.root.capacity=100
> yarn.scheduler.capacity.root.default.acl_administer_jobs=*
> yarn.scheduler.capacity.root.default.acl_submit_jobs=*
> yarn.scheduler.capacity.root.default.capacity=100
> yarn.scheduler.capacity.root.default.maximum-capacity=100
> yarn.scheduler.capacity.root.default.state=RUNNING
> yarn.scheduler.capacity.root.default.user-limit-factor=1
> yarn.scheduler.capacity.root.queues=default
> yarn.scheduler.capacity.root.unfunded.capacity=50
>

> Hope this helps.
>

> On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 10:38 AM, Chris Mildebrandt <chris@woodenrhino.com
> > wrote:
>
>> Hi Jaimin,
>>
>> The graphic didn't come through, but I understand what you're explaining.
>> We do have a missing value for the "Capacity Scheduler". How should this be
>> normally filled? We have the standard untouched
>> /etc/hadoop/conf/capacity-scheduler.xml file on our machines. Should the
>> contents of this file normally show up in the UI? Should I copy the
>> contents of the file into this text area?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> -Chris
>>

>> On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 10:28 AM, Jaimin Jetly <jaimin@hortonworks.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Chris,
>>>
>>> In context to your first email regarding Ambari UI issue,
>>> Ambari web-ui disables the save button whenever there is a validation
>>> error for any property on a service config page. In that case you should
>>> also see the invalidated property highlighted with red color as shown below
>>> in the image. Please expand all the categories and check if any property is
>>> invalidated.
>>>

>>> [image: Inline image 1]
>>>
>>> If Ambari UI is disabling the button with no validation error of any
>>> property on the page then it's a bug and We will need more information to
>>> debug the cause. To start with a screenshot of the yarn config page and
>>> javascript console output in case if any JS  error is logged in the console
>>> will be helpful.
>>>
>>> In regards to your second email,
>>> The API call that you mentioned should work and it's the correct way to
>>> change configs at the cluster level. In addition to directly using API for
>>> configuration changes, you can also use the shell script located at
>>> /var/lib/ambari-server/resources/scripts/configs.sh path on ambari-server
>>> host to add/override/delete a single property. The shell script in itself
>>> uses the RESTful API in it's implementation but it's really useful while

I can get

If