ambari-user mailing list archives

From Chris Mildebrandt <ch...@woodenrhino.com>
Subject Re: Overriding values in component configuration using the Ambari UI
Date Tue, 18 Feb 2014 18:09:18 GMT
Hi Sid,

I'm actually setting the desired config. Here's an example of the REST call:

curl -i -H 'X-Requested-By: xxx' -X PUT -d '{"Clusters": {"desired_config":
{"tag": "custom1", "type": "yarn-site", "properties":
{"yarn.scheduler.minimum-allocation-mb" : "7168"}}}}' --user admin:admin
http://xxx:8080/api/v1/clusters/cl1

Now, of course, I'd have all my YARN variables in here not just one. This
is just an example to focus on the technique I'm using to change the
property. This is the property I'm interested in changing. After running
the above command, I then restart the required components to re-read the
config.

Am I doing this incorrectly? Thanks,
-Chris