ambari-user mailing list archives

From Siddharth Wagle <swa...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: REST api question
Date Thu, 27 Feb 2014 00:48:04 GMT
Hi Aaron,

You should be able to do this by changing state of a Service component.

Sample API call:

curl -H "X-Requested-By:ambari" -u admin:admin -i -X PUT -d
'{"RequestInfo":{"context":"Stop all datanodes"},"ServiceComponentInfo":
{"state": "INSTALLED"}}'
http://localhost:8080/api/v1/clusters/c1/services/HDFS/components/DATANODE

-Sid

On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 4:44 PM, Aaron Cody <acody@hexiscyber.com> wrote:

> but that's to stop the component on a specific host... I want to stop all of
> them throughout the cluster....
>

> From: Sumit Mohanty <smohanty@hortonworks.com>
> Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 16:40:39 -0800
> To: "user@ambari.apache.org" <user@ambari.apache.org>
> Subject: Re: REST api question
>
> You need to use this API to stop the component. The reason its different
> is that stop of the host component is a processed on the host component
> resource.
>
> curl -u admin:admin -X PUT -d '{"RequestInfo":{"context":"Stop
> Component"},"Body":{"HostRoles":{"state":"INSTALLED"}}}' http:
> //AMBARI_SERVER_HOST:8080/api/v1/clusters/c1/hosts/HOSTNAME/host_components/COMPONENT_NAME
>
> You can use the wiki to get sample API calls -
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/API+usage+scenarios%2C+troubleshooting%2C+and+other+FAQs
>

> On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 4:30 PM, Aaron Cody <acody@hexiscyber.com> wrote:
>
>> we can stop an entire service like so:
>>
>> curl --user admin:admin -i -X PUT -d
>> '{"ServiceInfo":{"state":"INSTALLED"}}'
>> http://ambari-master.foo.com:8080/api/v1/clusters/c1/services/HDFS
>>
>> but how can I stop all instances of a running component? I had hoped with
>> something like :
>>
>> curl --user admin:admin -i -X PUT -d
>> '{"ServiceInfo":{"state":"INSTALLED"}}'
>> http://ambari-master.foo.com:8080/api/v1/clusters/c1/services/HDFS/components/DATANODE
>>
>> but this throws an invalid property exception
>>
>> is my URL wrong or are we not allowed to do this sort of thing?
>>

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE