ambari-user mailing list archives

From Sumit Mohanty <smoha...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Client-only service differences between 1.4.1 and 1.4.3
Date Thu, 20 Feb 2014 14:47:20 GMT
The state of the service is now calculated based on the actual states of
the *master host components* that belong to the service. E.g. if a master
component (NAMENODE for HDFS) is INSTALLED then the state of the service
will be INSTALLED.

What is happening in the case of client only services is that the code is
picking up the default value which happens to be STARTED. This could
instead be computed based on the state of all non-master components - e.g.
if all are INSTALLED then the service state is INSTALLED. Pls. open a JIRA
and we can discuss it over there.

I would recommend, as part of the above JIRA, we add some unit tests
covering client only services and state of the service wrt. the state of
the client.

-Sumit

On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 6:05 AM, JOAQUIN GUANTER GONZALBEZ <ximo@tid.es>wrote:

>  Hello,
>
>  I am evaluating upgrading Ambari from 1.4.1 to 1.4.3 and I am seeing a
> difference in behavior I quite can't tell if it is a bug or a change in
> design. In 1.4.1, services that consisted only of CLIENT components would
> not transition to the "STARTED" state and would remain in "INSTALLED"
> state. It seems like this is no longer the case in 1.4.3, where this
> client-only service is now in the "STARTED" state.
>
>  Is this a design can which I should account for in my code, or is this a
> bug and the 1.4.1 behavior will eventually come back in newer releases?
>
>  Thanks,
> Ximo

> Este mensaje se dirige exclusivamente a su destinatario. Puede consultar
> nuestra política de envío y recepción de correo electrónico en el enlace
> situado más abajo.
> This message is intended exclusively for its addressee. We only send and
> receive email on the basis of the terms set out at:

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE