ambari-user mailing list archives

From Sumit Mohanty <smoha...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: REST api question
Date Thu, 27 Feb 2014 00:40:39 GMT
You need to use this API to stop the component. The reason its different is
that stop of the host component is a processed on the host component
resource.

curl -u admin:admin -X PUT -d '{"RequestInfo":{"context":"Stop
Component"},"Body":{"HostRoles":{"state":"INSTALLED"}}}' http:
//AMBARI_SERVER_HOST:8080/api/v1/clusters/c1/hosts/HOSTNAME/host_components/COMPONENT_NAME

You can use the wiki to get sample API calls -
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/API+usage+scenarios%2C+troubleshooting%2C+and+other+FAQs

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE