ambari-user mailing list archives

From Aaron Cody <ac...@hexiscyber.com>
Subject Jobs view .. how to hook into it....
Date Fri, 17 Jan 2014 21:59:56 GMT
hello
I¹m looking at integrating my own process into the Ambari ŒJobs¹ view Š and
I can see how the web side of things works .. i.e. the view makes REST calls
to the server which in turn results in a query to postgres to get the job
stats Š but what is not so clear is how those job/task stats get into
postgres in the first placeŠ.
Q: for example, with MapReduce .. is Hadoop/JobTracker somehow inserting the
job/task info into postgres directly? Or is there some other mechanism in
Ambari that is listening for map reduce jobs/tasks to start/finish?

any hints on where to look in the source tree would be greatly appreciated
TIA