ambari-user mailing list archives

From Sumit Mohanty <smoha...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Does this repository still work :http://public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/HDP/suse11/1.x/updates/1.3.3.0/ ?
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2014 05:44:50 GMT
Where exactly are you wrt deployment using Ambari? Can you retry
installation?

Otherwise, if its alright with your current installation you can "reset" and
then try installation again.

If installation fails this time we can debug the puppet code to get more
details.

The way installation, or any Ambari request execution works is that it
creates one or more tasks and each task is executed independently. For
example, installation will create tasks for installing NameNode, DataNode,
etc.

If installation fails you can find out which task failed and we can run that
in debug mode.

To run in debug you can find the task, find the host it is run and its id.
Just go to the host and run the following:

export MY_RUBY_HOME=/usr/lib/ambari-agent/lib/ruby-1.8.7-p370
export PATH=/usr/lib/ambari-agent/lib/ruby-1.8.7-p370/bin:$PATH
export
RUBYLIB=/usr/lib/ambari-agent/lib/facter-1.6.10/lib/:/usr/lib/ambari-agent/l
ib/puppet-2.7.9/lib
/usr/lib/ambari-agent/lib/puppet-2.7.9/bin/puppet apply --debug
--confdir=/var/lib/ambari-agent/puppet --detailed-exitcodes
/var/lib/ambari-agent/data/site-N.pp

where site-N.pp should be replaced by the actual numbered .pp file. This
number correspond to the task id.

Say, api/v1/clusters/CLUSTERNAME/requests/2/tasks/10 failed. Then you need
to run using site-10.pp

-Sumit