ambari-user mailing list archives

From Yusaku Sako <yus...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Fw: Re: Unable to load logon screen of Ambari Web ui
Date Fri, 31 Jan 2014 19:42:49 GMT
Hi Meghavi,

Glad to see that you can load the Web UI now.
It is the expected behavior; you first need to deploy a cluster with Ambari
in order to manage it.
You only see HDP stacks because that's what's been contributed to Ambari so
far, but Ambari is designed to support other stacks; for example there has
been an effort to deploy a custom stack using a non-HDFS distributed file
system.
Also, there have been success stories of having Ambari manage existing,
already-installed clusters of various distributions (though this requires
"hacks").

Regarding the agent issue, perhaps others on this mailing list can help.

Yusaku

On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 1:11 AM, Meghavi Sugandhi
<meghavi.sugandhi@tcs.com>wrote:

> Hi Yusaku,
>
> Thanks for your efforts.
> Now i am able to see AmbariWeb Server UI.
> But after login, it is automatically redirecting to installer page
> (screenshot attached).
> Is ambari only available for installing hortonworks or it provides
> monitoring and installing apache and cloudera distributions of hadoop and
> its components.
>
> And also while starting Ambari-agent, I am getting following two errors:
> 1.Error getting facter info:
> /usr/lib/ambari-agent/lib/ruby-1.8.7-p370/bin/ruby:
> /usr/lib/ambari-agent/lib/ruby-1.8.7-p370/bin/ruby: cannot execute binary
> file
> 2.Two-way SSL authentication failed. Ensure that server and agent
> certificates were signed by the same CA and restart the agent.
>
> Please provide solution.
>

> Thanks & Regards,
> Meghavi Sugandhi
> Tata Consultancy Services