ambari-user mailing list archives

From Siddharth Wagle <swa...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: SSL Connect
Date Fri, 24 Jan 2014 18:00:21 GMT
Hi Roshan,

Did installing tls on ambari-server, remedy the situation with SSL
handshake?

Ambari currently does not have a import/export for configs for core-site /
mapre-site, etc.
However, there is a script,
"/var/lib/ambari-server/resources/scripts/configs.sh" which will help you
save configs / edit configs etc.

-Sid

On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 5:17 AM, Roshan Punnoose <roshanp@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there anyway to export my hadoop/etc configurations, reinstall ambari,
> and reimport these configurations? (Without having to write them all back
> through the UI?)
>

> On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 1:33 PM, Roshan Punnoose <roshanp@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Looks like: (on the failing hosts)
>> rpm -qa | grep openssl
>> - openssl-1.0.1e-15.el6.x86_64
>>
>> rpm -qa | grep tls
>> - gnutls-2.8.5-10.el6_4.2.x86_64
>>
>> The ambari server:
>> - rpm -qa | grep openssl
>> openssl098e-0.9.8e-17.el6.centos.2.x86_64
>> openssl-1.0.1e-16.el6_5.x86_64
>>
>> - rpm -qa | grep tls  (Returns nothing)
>>

>> On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 12:53 PM, Siddharth Wagle <swagle@hortonworks.com
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Roshan,
>>>
>>> Seems like a problem with SSL handshake. What is the version of OS you
>>> are on?
>>> Also, can you check openssl and tls versions installed on the failing
>>> hosts.
>>>
>>> Example:
>>>
>>> [root@c6401 resources]# rpm -qa | grep openssl
>>> openssl-devel-1.0.1e-16.el6_5.4.x86_64