ambari-user mailing list archives

From 王明 <wangming200...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Does this repository still work :http://public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/HDP/suse11/1.x/updates/1.3.3.0/ ?
Date Mon, 13 Jan 2014 07:24:05 GMT
i have manually tried zypper install zookeeper* ,  and got such eror:
-----------using
http://public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/HDP/suse11/1.x/GA-------
2 new packages to install.
Overall download size: 8.5 MiB. After the operation, additional 12.9 MiB
will be used.
Continue? [y/n/?] (y): y
Retrieving package zookeeper-3.4.5.1.3.3.0-58.noarch (1/2), 8.5 MiB (12.9
MiB unpacked)
Retrieving: zookeeper-3.4.5.1.3.3.0-58.noarch.rpm [error]
File './zookeeper/zookeeper-3.4.5.1.3.3.0-58.noarch.rpm' not found on
medium 'http://public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/HDP/suse11/1.x/GA

---------using
http://public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/HDP/centos6/1.x/updates/1.3.3.0/'
2 new packages to install.
Overall download size: 8.5 MiB. After the operation, additional 12.9 MiB
will be used.
Continue? [y/n/?] (y): y
Retrieving package zookeeper-3.4.5.1.3.3.0-58.noarch (1/2), 8.5 MiB (12.9
MiB unpacked)
Retrieving: zookeeper-3.4.5.1.3.3.0-58.noarch.rpm [error]
File './zookeeper/zookeeper-3.4.5.1.3.3.0-58.noarch.rpm' not found on
medium '
http://public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/HDP/centos6/1.x/updates/1.3.3.0/'

both of the two urls are failed to download zookeeper using "zypper install
zookeeper*",  so i doubt if it is the repo base url problem.
have you used anyone of them ?

2014/1/13 Sumit Mohanty <smohanty@hortonworks.com>

> [...]
> steps,  how to enable the two steps?
>

> 2014/1/13 Sumit Mohanty <smohanty@hortonworks.com>
>
>> Can you do a "zypper clean" on all the hosts?
>>
>> Next time you try to install look for the log files at
>> /var/lib/ambari-agent/data.
>>
>> This location contains logs for all tasks executed on an Ambari agent
>> host. Each log name includes a specific number, for example N. Pay
>> particular attention to the following three files:
>>
>>    -
>>
>>    site-N.pp - the puppet file corresponding to a specfic task.
>>    -
>>
>>    output-N.txt - output from puppet file execution.
>>    -
>>
>>    errors-N.txt - error messages.
>>
>> Do installation of all components fail or there are
>> some intermittent failures? If download speed is slow then the tasks may be
>> timing out.
>>
>> You can see the details of requests and tasks at
>> http://ambariserverhost:8080/api/v1/clusters/c1/requests/
>> http://ambariserverhost:8080/api/v1/clusters/c1/requests/REQUESTID/tasks
>>
>> http://ambariserverhost:8080/api/v1/clusters/c1/requests/REQUESTID/tasks/TASKID
>>
>> From: 王明 <wangming200000@gmail.com>
>> Date: Sunday, January 12, 2014 5:51 PM
>> To: <user@ambari.apache.org>
>> Subject: Re: Does this repository still work :
>> http://public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/HDP/suse11/1.x/updates/1.3.3.0/ ?
>>
>> Hi, Sumit , thanks for replying.
>> I have checked I can installed packages using  "zypper install
>> hadoop-sbin" ,  but i still encountered those file not find error.
>>
>> Here is my HDP repo on agent:
>>
>> -----------------/etc/zypp/repos.d/HDP.repo-------
>> [HDP-1.3.3]
>> name=HDP
>> baseurl=http://public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/HDP/suse11/1.x/GA
>> path=/
>> enabled=1
>> gpgcheck=0
>>
>> --------------
>> Here is my ui setting on select statck page:
>>

>> ~
>>

>> 2014/1/13 Sumit Mohanty <smohanty@hortonworks.com>
>>
>>> Can you check if you can download the hep.repo?
>>>
>>> wget
>>> http://public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/HDP/suse11/1.x/updates/1.3.3.0/hdp.repo
>>>
>>> *I just tried and I can download it.*
>>>
>>> If you can download, then on one one of your agent hosts, verify that /etc/zypp/repos.d/HDP.repo
>>> has the same base url value for [HDP-1.x] as the downloaded one above.
>>>
>>> If all of the above are in order, pls. verify if zypper is able to see
>>> the packages. One way to check will be
>>> zypper se 'hadoop*' - to see if the host can access the repo and
>>> packages. You can also call "zypper install hadoop-sbin".
>>>
>>> -Sumit
>>>
>>> From: 王明 <wangming200000@gmail.com>
>>> Date: Sunday, January 12, 2014 5:08 AM
>>> To: <user@ambari.apache.org>
>>> Subject: Does this repository still work :
>>> http://public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/HDP/suse11/1.x/updates/1.3.3.0/ ?
>>>
>>> Hi, I am using ambari 1.4.2.104 ,  when i am deploying HDP 1.3.3 ,  i

changed 'nogroup' to 'nobody,nogroup'
>>> err: /Stage[2]/Hdp-ganglia::Monitor/Hdp::Package[ganglia-monitor]/Hdp::Package::Process_pkg[ganglia-monitor]/Package[ganglia-gmond-3.5.0-99]/ensure:
change from absent to present failed: Could not find package ganglia-gmond-3.5.0-99
>>> notice: /Stage[2]/Hdp-ganglia::Monitor/Hdp::Package[ganglia-monitor]/Hdp::Package::Process_pkg[ganglia-monitor]/Anchor[hdp::package::ganglia-monitor::end]:
Dependency Package[ganglia-gmond-3.5.0-99] has failures: true
>>> notice: /Stage[2]/Hdp-ganglia::Monitor/Hdp::Package[ganglia-gmond-modules-python]/Hdp::Package::Process_pkg[ganglia-gmond-modules-python]/Anchor[hdp::package::ganglia-gmond-modules-python::begin]:
Dependency Package[ganglia-gmond-3.5.0-99] has failures: true

64]/Hdp::Package::Process_pkg[hadoop 64]/Package[hadoop-sbin]/ensure: change from absent to
present failed: Could not find package hadoop-sbin
>>> err: /Stage[main]/Hdp-hadoop/Hdp-hadoop::Package[hadoop]/Hdp::Package[hadoop
64]/Hdp::Package::Process_pkg[hadoop 64]/Package[hadoop-libhdfs]/ensure: change from absent
to present failed: Could not find package hadoop-libhdfs
>>> err: /Stage[main]/Hdp-hadoop/Hdp-hadoop::Package[hadoop]/Hdp::Package[hadoop
64]/Hdp::Package::Process_pkg[hadoop 64]/Package[hadoop-pipes]/ensure: change from absent
to present failed: Could not find package hadoop-pipes