ambari-user mailing list archives

From Aaron Zimmerman <azimmer...@sproutsocial.com>
Subject Re: bootstrap hdfs
Date Mon, 06 Jan 2014 18:18:36 GMT
Thanks for the reply Siddharth,

I tried it and the namenode came back (I had to delete the local data
directories as well).

But the other services did not work.  Specifically it was dying on oozie
server install, appears to be trying to create hdfs directories without
success.  Does the /var/run directory serve as markers for initialization?
 If so, perhaps deleting the subdir of each service will reinitialize all
components?

There is still nothing in hdfs.  On my first installation, after installing
software on the cluster nodes, the file system had a bunch of stuff in it.

Thanks,

Aaron Zimmerman