ambari-user mailing list archives

From Pradeep Gollakota <pradeep...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Use Ambari with pre-installed cluster
Date Sun, 01 Dec 2013 17:18:47 GMT
I asked the same question last week. Apparently you can't monitor a cluster
that Ambari did not provision. There is a way to migrate your cluster to an
Ambari provisioned cluster. But I'm pretty sure Ambari will only provision
Apache distributions (not Cloudera or others). Mahadev is working on a
confluence page that will document how to migrate an existing cluster to an
Ambari provisioned cluster and will reply to the mailing list once
completed.

- Pradeep