ambari-user mailing list archives

From "Shihaoliang (Shihaoliang)" <shihaoli...@huawei.com>
Subject Ambari support HA?
Date Sat, 30 Nov 2013 07:21:20 GMT
Hi,

Our team has a fork of ambari 1.4.1, we need ambari service to be HA.
But seems currently not supported.

Whether we can implement ambari HA like this

1)       Deploy 2 ambari-server with it database in 2 machine, say primary and backup;

2)       Sync data from primary database to backup database(using postgresql streaming sync)
when have data updated.

3)       Use heartbeat between the 2 ambari-server to discover server_lost event, and make
backup server to be primary; and the new backup server stop communicate with ambari-agent

4)       Each agent have 2 ambari-server's address configurations(or negotiate from zookeeper?),
once primary server changed, agent should register to new one.

5)       Backup webui can redirect page to primary one. GET method REST api can access both
ambari-server

My question

a.       Can this works?

b.       Any other information I need sync or restore other than information in database.

Thanks.
Peter Shi