ambari-user mailing list archives

From Yusaku Sako <yus...@hortonworks.com>
Subject [ANNOUNCE] Ambari is now a TLP!
Date Fri, 22 Nov 2013 22:00:44 GMT
Hi everyone,

I'm very excited to announce that Apache Ambari has graduated out of
Incubator and has become a TLP (Top-Level Project)!
Ambari entered incubation back in Aug 2011.  Over the past two years, the
Ambari community has grown significantly and successfully managed a number
of releases.
It took a lot of hard work and dedication from many individuals.  Hats off
to contributors, committers, PMCs, users, and everyone else involved to
make Ambari's graduation possible.
This is a major milestone for us and we should all be proud of this
achievement.

There are several changes due to this graduation and change in status:

*1. Mailing lists have been renamed.*  Please start using the following:
*user@ambari.apache.org <user@ambari.apache.org>* instead of
ambari-user@incubator.apache.org
*dev@ambari.apache.org <dev@ambari.apache.org>* instead of
ambari-dev@incubator.apache.org

*Please note that you do NOT need to re-subscribe to the user or dev
mailing lists.*
*If you are getting this email, you are already subscribed.*

*2. The project website URL has changed.*
*http://ambari.apache.org/ <http://ambari.apache.org/>* instead of
http://incubator.apache.org/ambari/

*3. Git repository URL will change.*
This has not happened yet, but we will make an announcement when this
happens.  This is just a heads up.

The project website has not been updated to reflect all these changes yet,
but that will happen soon.

Thanks,
Yusaku Sako

--