ambari-user mailing list archives

From Pradeep Gollakota <pradeep...@gmail.com>
Subject Monitor an existing Hadoop cluster using Ambari
Date Wed, 27 Nov 2013 07:04:05 GMT
Hi All,

I have an 18-node Hadoop cluster that is running in production with CDH4.
We're evaluating Cloudera Manager and Apache Ambari to not only provision
(new) machines but also to monitor existing services.

Using Ambari, is there a way I can connect to my existing cluster just for
the purposes of monitoring? If not, how can I migrate my Hadoop cluster in
such a way that I can use Ambari for provisioning and monitoring? I am open
to migrating away from CDH distribution to the Apache distribution if
needed.

Thanks,
Pradeep