ambari-user mailing list archives

From Artem Ervits <are9...@nyp.org>
Subject RE: upgrade Ambari-provisioned HBase cluster
Date Tue, 05 Nov 2013 15:12:03 GMT
Anyone?

From: Artem Ervits [mailto:are9004@nyp.org]
Sent: Monday, November 04, 2013 5:33 PM
To: ambari-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: upgrade Ambari-provisioned HBase cluster

Hello all,

My current cluster is

Ambari 1.2.5
HBase 0.94.5.3
Hadoop 1.1.2

I'd like to upgrade HBase to 0.94.12, what are some of the approaches that I can follow to
do that?

1.       Wait for next stack release (maybe a problem because we're not ready to go with Hadoop
2)

2.       Compile my own rpms and deploy

Can anyone suggest a good approach that won't break compatibility with future Ambari release?

Same applies to Hadoop, if I wanted to upgrade to 1.2.1

Thank you

Artem Ervits
Artem@nyp.org<mailto:Artem@nyp.org>
New York Presbyterian Hospital

contain information that is confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient,
of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error or are
mail address noted above, and delete and destroy all copies of this message. Thank you.

Confidential Information subject to NYP's (and its affiliates') information management and
security policies (http://infonet.nyp.org/QA/HospitalManual).