ambari-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Alejandro Fernandez (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Updated] (AMBARI-21528) Zookeeper server has incorrect memory setting, missing m in Xmx value
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2017 00:14:00 GMT

     [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-21528?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

Alejandro Fernandez updated AMBARI-21528:
-----------------------------------------
    Attachment:     (was: AMBARI-21528.patch)

> Zookeeper server has incorrect memory setting, missing m in Xmx value
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: AMBARI-21528
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-21528
>             Project: Ambari
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: stacks
>    Affects Versions: 2.5.2
>            Reporter: Alejandro Fernandez
>            Assignee: Alejandro Fernandez
>            Priority: Blocker
>              Labels: AMBARI-21348
>             Fix For: trunk, 2.5.2
>
>         Attachments: AMBARI-21528.patch
>
>
> Repro Steps:
> * Installed BI 4.2.0 cluster on IBM Ambari 2.2.2 with Zookeeper
> * Upgraded Ambari to 2.5.2.0-146
> * Registered HDP 2.6.2.0 repo, installed packages
> * Ran service checks
> * Started Express Upgrade
> Result: _Service Check ZooKeeper_ step failed with {{KeeperErrorCode = ConnectionLoss
for /zk_smoketest}}
> This was caused by Zookeeper dying immediately during restart:
> {noformat}
> Error occurred during initialization of VM
> Too small initial heap
> {noformat}
> {noformat:title=zookeeper-env.sh before upgrade}
> export JAVA_HOME=/usr/jdk64/java-1.8.0-openjdk-1.8.0.77-0.b03.el7_2.x86_64
> export ZOOKEEPER_HOME=/usr/iop/current/zookeeper-server
> export ZOO_LOG_DIR=/var/log/zookeeper
> export ZOOPIDFILE=/var/run/zookeeper/zookeeper_server.pid
> export SERVER_JVMFLAGS=-Xmx1024m
> export JAVA=$JAVA_HOME/bin/java
> export CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH:/usr/share/zookeeper/*
> {noformat}
> {noformat:title=zookeeper-env.sh after upgrade}
> export JAVA_HOME=/usr/jdk64/java-1.8.0-openjdk-1.8.0.77-0.b03.el7_2.x86_64
> export ZOOKEEPER_HOME=/usr/hdp/current/zookeeper-client
> export ZOO_LOG_DIR=/var/log/zookeeper
> export ZOOPIDFILE=/var/run/zookeeper/zookeeper_server.pid
> export SERVER_JVMFLAGS=-Xmx1024
> export JAVA=$JAVA_HOME/bin/java
> export CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH:/usr/share/zookeeper/*
> {noformat}
> Note missing "m" in memory setting.
> zookeeper-env template contains,
> {noformat}
> export SERVER_JVMFLAGS={{zk_server_heapsize}}
> {noformat}
> In this cluster, zookeeper-env contains,
> zk_server_heapsize: "1024"
> While the params_linux.py file has some inconsistencies with appending the letter "m".
> {noformat}
> zk_server_heapsize_value = str(default('configurations/zookeeper-env/zk_server_heapsize',
"1024m"))
> zk_server_heapsize = format("-Xmx{zk_server_heapsize_value}")
> {noformat}
> Instead, it should be,
> {noformat}
> zk_server_heapsize_value = str(default('configurations/zookeeper-env/zk_server_heapsize',
"1024"))
> zk_server_heapsize_value = zk_server_heapsize_value.strip()
> if len(zk_server_heapsize_value) > 0 and not zk_server_heapsize_value[-1].isdigit():
>   zk_server_heapsize_value = zk_server_heapsize_value + "m"
> zk_server_heapsize = format("-Xmx{zk_server_heapsize_value}")
> {noformat}



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.4.14#64029)

Mime
View raw message