ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Di Li <osji...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to define stacks like 2.6.5.0
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2018 15:43:43 GMT
If you look at the various HDP 2.6.x releases, you will see that nothing
version-wise was added to the HDP-2.6 directory. The stack directory
already covers the major and minor version, while all releases happened at
the patch and hotfix level, such as 2.6.'2'.'0'.  In other words, it's up
to your RPMs to install binaries to a new version dir under /usr/hdp.
Ambari just uses service definitions from the HDP-2.6 stack (this also
implies that HDP 2.6 stack Python scripts, config XML, etc are compatible
with all HDP 2.6.x releases)