ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Swapan Shridhar <sshrid...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Splitting the repos - ambari-metrics and ambari-logsearch
Date Mon, 29 Jan 2018 04:50:29 GMT
+1 for the splitting.

Thanks.

Regards,
Swapan.

On 1/28/18, 11:58 AM, "Don Bosco Durai" <bosco@apache.org> wrote:

>+1
>

>On 1/28/18, 11:56 AM, "Dmytro Grinenko" <dgrinenko@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
>    +1

work that is on-going with Mpacks and multi-services, amongst the developers working on the
respective pieces. The main point of discussion was that although Metrics and LogSearch are
sub-projects of Ambari, the release cadence of these sub-projects and Ambari core does not
have to be tied together. Having an Infra Mpack will allow changes to these two modules to
be published independently.

>    The general consensus was to have separate repos for Ambari Metrics, Ambari Log Search
and Ambari Infra which would mean we can build and version these modules separately and simplify
the release process. I wanted to start a discuss/vote thread for this. I will follow this
up with an Infra ticket to fork off the git repos for Ambari Metrics, Ambari LogSearch and
Ambari Infra separate from the core codebase once we reach consensus.

>    Note: These sub-projects do not have any compile-time or run-time dependencies on
Ambari except logical dependency on Ambari stack advisor feature to configure the services
correctly based on cluster resources. With the MPack effort this behavior will be delegated
to individual stack services and the corresponding code will be housed in the service repos
anyways. Ambari depends on Ambari Metrics at compile time on the ambari-metrics-common module
which is already published to maven central and we would continue to do so if anything changes
in the common library.