ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Nate Cole <nc...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Move ASF Github Bot comments to Worklog in JIRA
Date Tue, 09 Jan 2018 20:49:36 GMT
+1

On 1/9/18, 11:56 AM, "Sandor Molnar" <smolnar@hortonworks.com> wrote:

    +1

    I believe this is a really good idea.

    Sandor

    From: Vivek Ratnavel <vivekratnavel@apache.org>
    Date: Tuesday, January 9, 2018 at 8:04 PM
    To: "dev@ambari.apache.org" <dev@ambari.apache.org>
    Subject: [VOTE] Move ASF Github Bot comments to Worklog in JIRA

    Hi Team,

    The Apache Ambari repository was moved to gitbox yesterday for deeper integration with
github and folks have started using github for review and merge of patches. If you are unsure
of any step, please read the updated How to Contribute<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/How+to+Contribute>
guide.

    With JIRA linking enabled on Github pull requests, the ASF Github Bot automatically posts
several messages as comments in the related JIRA. Check this JIRA for example - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-22739.
While it is nice to have these comments, we don't want to pollute the comments section of
JIRA. When I contacted Apache Infra team on this issue, they suggested that there is an option
to push these messages to "Worklog" section of JIRA which made sense to me.

    I am starting this thread to get your vote on moving ASF Github Bot comments to "Worklog"
section in JIRA.

    [cid:ii_jc808qxg0_160dc4eda9a1917b]
    Thanks,
    Vivek Ratnavel​