ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Nate Cole <nc...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Future code review and commit process
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2018 16:09:28 GMT
We should make it very clear how these jira-feature-branches (“jira-branch”) are built.

If you are working from a feature-branch (not trunk) then your jira-branch must come from
that feature-branch.  In addition, you cannot merge from trunk, bypassing your base feature-branch.

When merging from your feature-branch while you work on your jira-branch, you should use the
fast-forward option so that we don’t end up with hundreds of merge commits.