ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Levas <rle...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Feature Branch Merging and PR
Date Thu, 18 Jan 2018 15:16:41 GMT
I have been doing the following…. I am not sure if it is totally correct, though:

1. git fetch upstream
2. git checkout branch-feature-AMBARI-XXXXX
3. git merge upstream/trunk
4. Fix any merge issues
5. git commit -a -m "Merge remote-tracking branch 'upstream/trunk' into branch-feature-AMBARI-XXXXX"
6. git push
7. Using GitHub.com, create a PR for apache/ branch-feature-AMBARI-XXXXX

Rob