ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Juanjo Marron <juanjo.mar...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Installation custom service the installing clients steps is taking a long time
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2017 18:03:43 GMT
Installing  RPMS is usually the tasks that takes longer in the installation of services in
Ambari.
Other .py script code is usually fast based on my experience.

I would recommend to validate the installation of the RPMS out of ambari Framework. It could
be a yum issue accessing some repo metadata or network slowness downloading  your custom
service RPMS or dependencies from the new repo.
With this installation of rpms independently you could discard the Ambari hypothesis

Good luck!