ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Juanjo Marron <juanjo.mar...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject 3rd party services requiring to restart Log Search
Date Mon, 23 Oct 2017 23:59:41 GMT
Hi all,

I was following the details on this blog to add  3rd party services to Log Search in Ambari
2.5.x
It has been really useful and the integration was pretty clean.

We are just facing a minor issue forcing to restart Log Search service:

How is the best way to implement the required restart in Log Search after adding a new service
to Log Search or after changing some of the *-logsearch-conf.xml configurations for the new
third party service in the UI?

I can see it is working for HDP stack services. For instance changes in zookeeper-logsearch-conf.xml
requires Log Search restart in the UI.  I dont see <config-dependecies> in the metainfo.xml
of log search is used to force this behavior.
Maybe it is happening in the UI .js code,  but additional 3rd party services -installed after
HDP- we shouldn't hack the .js code, right?

Thanks for your answers