ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Sandy <sandy.wad...@gmail.com>
Subject Ambari 2.5.1 - Missing Versions tab under UI (Admin->Stacks and Versions)
Date Fri, 25 Aug 2017 09:09:23 GMT
In ambari 2.5.1, creating cluster using Blueprint and REST API causes
Versions tab to be missing in Ambari Web UI (Admin->Stacks and Versions).

But If I create a cluster using UI Wizard, I see that tab.  Refer
screenshots attached along with the mail.

Repro zeroed down to a small script

AMBARI_SERVER=c7003.ambari.apache.org
CLUSTER_NAME=test-cluster
curl -H X-Requested-By:ambari -X POST -u admin:admin
http://$AMBARI_SERVER:8080/api/v1/blueprints/single-node-hdp-cluster
-d @blueprint.json
curl -H X-Requested-By:ambari -X POST -u admin:admin http://$AMBARI_SERVER
:8080/api/v1/clusters/$CLUSTER_NAME -d @cct.json
curl -H X-Requested-By:ambari -X PUT -u admin:admin http://$AMBARI_SERVER
:8080/api/v1/clusters/$CLUSTER_NAME -d @provision.json

*Has something changed in Ambari 2.5.1 or this is a BUG?*

*One more observation:*
If I create cluster using above script, *I don't see* following postgres db
tables getting any data into them,
cluster_versions
repo_version

while these tables contain one entry each when I go through UI way of
cluster creation.

--

*Sandeep Kumar,*
 Mobile +91-9866507368

*“Happiness is not a destination, It is the journey”*