ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Anandha L Ranganathan <analog.s...@gmail.com>
Subject HDP upgrade - stuck at 98% during finalize upgrade.
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2017 20:39:13 GMT
I am upgrading to HDP 2.6.1.0 and it stuck at 98%. We had installed
Teradata presto services using Ambari and is not part of HDP packages. The
HDP upgrade is unable to proceed because of presto services.

Here is the screenshot of error messages.

Upgrade did not succeed on 3 hosts <http://localhost:8080/#>

Your options:

   - *Pause Upgrade*, delete the unhealthy hosts and return to the Upgrade
   Wizard to Proceed.
   - Perform a *Downgrade*, which will revert all hosts to the previous
   stack version.

[image: Inline image 1]

I can not downgrade and remove the presto services. Is there a way to
ignore the presto service upgrade and continue and complete the upgrade. I
am looking for something to run SQL script and update the ambari database.

Thanks
Anand