ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Tuong Truong <ira...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Using CA cert for ambari-agents in Ambari 2 ways SSL
Date Tue, 02 May 2017 23:13:40 GMT
Hi all,
In Ambari, it's possible to setup Ambari server to use CA certificate by supplying the cert,
key, and keystore/password files and configure ambari.properties to use it (ref..  https://community.hortonworks.com/articles/66860/enable-two-way-ssl-between-ambari-server-and-ambar.html).
However,  I can't find any doc on how to use the CA cert on the agents side for 2 ways SSL.
When setting up 2 ways SSL, I can only setup the csr, and key files in /var/lib/ambari-agent/keys
directory and have ambari-server auto create and signed the crt file in order for agent to
talk to the server.   It seems Ambari server insist that it signs the agent cert in order
for 2 ways SSL to work.

Is it possible to use CA cert for the agents?   I appreciate any pointer on this.

Thank you.

Respectfully,
Tuong