ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Sumit Mohanty <smoha...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Plain Hadoop with Ambari
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2017 14:28:47 GMT
It is certainly possible.

For example, contrib/management-packs/odpi-ambari-mpack is used to deploy the ODPi build of
hadoop.
From: Mohit Goel <mohitgoel291990@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 04, 2017 11:19 PM
To: dev@ambari.apache.org
Subject: Plain Hadoop with Ambari

Hi Team,
My aim is to setup plain vanilla hadoop cluster and use Ambari for the
purpose of hadoop service monitoring. As I browsed through the existing
stack implementations, I found that most of the services extends existing
stack definitions defined in common-services folder. I need to use my
custom versions of different components independent of HortonWorks
repositories. Will it be as simple as creating a new repository and
specifying it in stack ? Will the existing  stack definitions defined in
common-services folder work ?
--

*Mohit GoelComputer EngineeringNIT Kurukshetra*