ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Don Bosco Durai <bo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: UserSync with anonymous bind
Date Thu, 16 Mar 2017 23:53:01 GMT
Copy’ing Ambari mailing list also. Mugdha or Gautam who worked on the Ambari stack for Ranger
should be able to give more insights.

Bosco

From: Loïc Chanel <loic.chanel@telecomnancy.net>
Date: Thursday, March 16, 2017 at 7:51 AM
To: <user@ranger.incubator.apache.org>
Subject: UserSync with anonymous bind

Hi fellow Ranger users,

As I was working on user synchronization from a LDAP with anonymous bind to populate Ranger,
I met the same issue as I did almost two years ago : even if I provide Ambari with the property
"Anonymous bind", the property is ignored and either Ambari complains that I didn't provided
Ranger with a password for LDAP bind, or Ranger UserSync doesn't work because of bad credentials
when binding the LDAP. Even more mysterious is the fact that the property cannot be found
in the XML properties files.

At the time I first needed this, I used a manual setting I described in that documentation
( https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/RANGER/Configure+Ranger+UserSync+for+LDAP )
but as the configuration changed (I'm using Ranger 0.5.0 with Ambari 2.2.2.0) it doesn't work
anymore.

Did someone met the same issue ? Is there a workaround/patch ?

Thanks for your help,

Loïc

Loïc CHANEL
System Big Data engineer
MS&T - WASABI - Worldline (Villeurbanne, France)