ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Nate Cole <nc...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Why RU doesn't run update Kerberos descriptors as the first step ?
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2017 18:12:07 GMT
I don’t have specific details, but it was done likely to make sure the work happened before
the core masters.  Since for RU things are done in a rolling fashion, the descriptor change
were made (largely) up front, and the services coming before it didn’t have any new descriptors
to worry about.

As far as orchestration, the groups are processed in reverse, so if they need to be in a different
spot then a group will have to be added specifically for Downgrade.

Are you seeing an issue with behavior as it is today?

Thanks,
Nate