ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Sandy <sandy.wad...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Query regarding Python Client and Ambari Shell in Ambari
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2017 17:14:36 GMT
Reposting as there was no answer earlier.

On 20-Jan-2017 12:54 PM, "Sandy" <sandy.wadhwa@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi folks,

I needed to get automation of ambari tasks done through scripts (python)
and created few scripts for Cluster Creation, Service Checks, Rolling
Upgrade by writing wrapper functions on top of REST APIs.

Noticed that there was some progress made to provide Python Client/Ambari
Shell but then development was stopped an year back.  I am willing to
contribute to these projects but curious to know the reason why they aren't
in active development - Is it due to bandwidth issue?  Some blocker?  There
are better alternatives?

Requesting your response.

Warm Regards,
Sandeep.