ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Sandy <sandy.wad...@gmail.com>
Subject A novice question regarding Ambari Technology Stack choice
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2017 06:46:25 GMT
I have a novice question that's been bothering me regarding Ambari
Technology Stack
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/Technology+Stack>,
Ambari Server backend is written in Java (REST APIs);  While Ambari Agents
are in Python.

*What benefits would have driven making the decision of keeping ambari
agents in Python?*

Remote debugging has been painful in python agents but editing scripts on
agents at runtime without recompiling and redeploying seems a plus.

Apart from this I am not able to see any further differences.  If someone
can throw little more light, that would be helpful.

*Regards,*

*Sandeep Kumar,*

*“Happiness is not a destination, It is the journey”*