ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Sandeep G <sandeepbit...@gmail.com>
Subject New service user for custom service
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2017 12:34:10 GMT
Hi
We are adding a new custom service in our Ambari stack and would like to
run the service as a new service user. I have seen that for services like
Zookeeper, the zookeeper user is configured in zookeeper-env.xml which
would show up in the configuration recommendations page in UI and Ambari
would create the user if not already present.

However for the new service that we are adding, there is no configuration
folder as there are no configs for this service. Can you please guide me on
where to configure this new user so that it shows up in configuration
recommendation page ?

Thanks
--Sandeep