ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Alejandro Fernandez <afernan...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Question about adding our script at pre/post start and pre/post stop actions
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2017 18:49:16 GMT
Adachisan,

The usual operations of "restart" also appear in the upgrade packs. E.g.,

https://github.com/apache/ambari/blob/trunk/ambari-server/src/main/resource
s/stacks/HDP/2.4/upgrades/upgrade-2.5.xml

<processing>
  <service name="ZOOKEEPER">
    <component name="ZOOKEEPER_SERVER">
      <pre-upgrade>
        <task xsi:type="configure" id="zookeeper_log4j_parameterize" />
      </pre-upgrade>
      <pre-downgrade/>
      <upgrade>
        <task xsi:type="restart-task" />  <!-- Exact action to invoke
during the upgrade portion. -->
      </upgrade>
    </component>

Thanks,