ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Hiroyuki Adachi <hada...@yahoo-corp.jp>
Subject Re: Question about adding our script at pre/post start and pre/post stop actions
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2017 06:01:22 GMT
Hi Alejandro,

Thank you for the response.
I'm using HDP, and your information of the upgrade packs is useful for me.

But, how about usual operations? (e.g. restart NameNode from Ambari)
Can I hook pre/post start, stop, and restart actions of components?
It is desirable that I can implement such actions in a similar way to the upgrade packs.

Thanks,
Hiroyuki Adachi

----
    Hi Adachisan,

    What stack are you using?
    If you're using HDP, you can modify the upgrade packs (xml files) with
    additional steps like calling functions in the python files to perform any
    additional logic.
    E.g.,

    <service name="HDFS">

      <component name="NAMENODE">
        <post-upgrade>
          <task xsi:type="execute">
          <summary>Wait for HiveServer2 Connections</summary>
          <script>scripts/namenode_upgrade.py</script>
          <function>wait_for_hive</function>
          </task>
        </post-upgrade>

    In namenode_upgrade.py

    def wait_for_hive(self, env):
      import params
      # Ensure that Hive Server is actually present in the cluster

    Thanks,

    Alejandro