ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Alejandro Fernandez <afernan...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Upgrade mpack stack addon service
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2016 23:47:04 GMT
Hi Janne,

Management Packs are indeed meant to support new stacks, or custom
services on top of existing stacks.
We are still working on a story of how to do upgrades of a Management
Pack. Today, a Management Pack supports its own repo, so the eventual goal
is to be able to perform a Patch Upgrade (i.e., upgrade of a subset of the
services).

Thanks,
Alejandro