ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Janne Valkealahti <janne.valkeala...@gmail.com>
Subject Upgrade mpack stack addon service
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2016 13:57:49 GMT
I've been playing with adding a new service via mpack atop of a HDP stack.
All good on that front thought info in
cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/Management+Packs+-+2.4.0 is just
wrong (pdf in AMBARI-14854 seem to contain more accurate instructions).

What I really don't understand is that how these addon services can be
upgraded. Say that I have MYSERVICE-1.0.0 which is added to stack HDP-2.5.
If I create a new version MYSERVICE-2.0.0, docs just mention that this
should be linked to newer stack version(with upgraded mpack tarball) which
naturally doesn't exists.

Janne